The Science in Society Speaker Series (SISSS) is a joint project between Okanagan College and the Okanagan Science Centre. This Speaker Series is driven by a volunteer committee that is passionate about bringing dynamic speakers on various scientific topics to the North Okanagan community. The first talks were presented in the Fall of 2007 and have continued for the past 9 academic years.
- SFU biologist studies role of evolution in human mental illness
- Digging deeper into the provincial overdose crisis
- UVic professor sheds light on Indigenous Peoples land management practices
- Forest ecologists explores causes, consequences and solutions to wildfire
- SFU professor sounds alarm on danger of toxins to children’s brain development